To do a day dive trip from Puerto Baquerizo, San Cristobal Island, you need to:
• Be staying at a hotel in port and have a full day to spare for diving
• Be in port for a full day either before or after your Galapagos cruise, which needs to depart and end in San Cristobal. Please refer to your cruise itinerary to find out when your cruise visits port.
A regular Day Galapagos Dive Trip in San Cristobal goes by the following schedule:
• Meet at the dive center early in the morning (7 or 8am)
• Take pre-arranged transportation to your dive site (duration of 30min to 1h45, depending on the dive site)
• Make 1 dive before lunch: Duration: 45 – 60 minutes
• Have lunch and hot beverages (included)
• Make 1 dive after lunch: Duration of 45 – 60 minutes.
• Return to port late in the afternoon
Dive Sites Near Puerto Baquerizo:
For Beginner Divers: Isla Lobos
For Intermediate Divers: Five Fingers, Whale Rock and Kicker Rock
For Advanced Divers: None
IMPORTANT NOTE: During many cases, dive centers cannot guarantee which dive site you will be diving at and will give you a list of possible dive sites for your diving trip. This is because many dive sites are at least an hour away from Port and there is a minimum number of divers required for a diving trip to take place out to those dive sites. However, dive centers will do their best to dive at the dive site of your choice.
Additionally, you must understand that a typical day dive trip includes 2 dives at the same dive site, unless there is another dive site close by. Some dive sites, like North Seymour, for example, have 2 different descent points and thus 2 possible dives. However, most dive sites just have 1 descent point and you will have 2 opportunities to explore the same site, providing another chance to see any animals or highlights you may have missed during your first dive.